Jan 15, 2009

My favorite red carpet looks









I don’t have any interest in award functions that are shown on television. But I watch the red carpet bit to catch up on the latest gowns. Gowns… my favorite part of fashion. Yes, dresses are sexy, skirts are flattering, bottoms are essential. But gowns…pure luxury! Its like having the need to buy a car for transport – I should look into technicality of budget, space requirement, mileage etc etc….but I screw the practicality and go in for a fiery red Ferrari!

In fashion I never have a particular favorite. No favorite designer or muse. I have loved different looks at different times… figured I share a few of my favorites…

The particular piece worn by Anna Hathaway is one of my all time favorite red gowns. I love the drape and the flower details. Chiffon does wonders for this flow concept. Nothing more, nothing less could make this look any more perfect!

I wonder if JLO was pregnant while this next snap was taken. The empire waistline is the best solution for sexy mums to be! No need to wear jewellery given the eye catching jeweled neckline. Irrespective a little bling never hurt anyone!

The next gown worn by JLO isn’t very classic red carpet look. But I loved it for the fresh chic daring beach look!

The Hally Berry Valentino piece made history on the red carpet as she gave her historic cry baby speech on winning the oscar! Oh Valentino…why did you ever retire?????

And our very own Carrie Bradshaw on Sex and the city movie premier! She makes a simple green doll dress turn around into a suave hit with that sexy sexy sexy hat! ….Oh did I tell you how sexy her hat is..?!

9 comments:

  1. I love gowns too, though I know I will never wear one in India - if I splurge on designer, it will be either a cocktail dress or a really special separate.

    However there is something about the romance of a gown...my personal favourites include Preity Zinta's blue satin Alberta Ferretti, Nicole Kidman's classic Balenciaga outfits, and some of Vera Wang's. Also love Etro's quirky paisley creations.

    Most of the gowns you have displayed are beautiful, but I have personally never liked J Lo's navel plunging beachy gown :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I am waiting for a post on Valentino...your favourite designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Juhi dear! you don't need any tit bit updates from me on fashion like you had mentioned! you have good enough knowledge! and by the way...you are a perfect example of what i wrote in the beginning of my blog...no particular favorite....every piece is different and maybe liked or disliked....I love Valentino but not ever piece that comes from him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi..am impressed with ur hindi blogs! not difficult to write...?
    also impressed someone reading my blog! thanks...
    a new one will soon come :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog...Fashion well I need to get acquainted with the word..though I found Gowns royal!!and love red carpet events from some other reasons :) write more often will ya?
    (dropped in via juhi's blog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks....more posts soon to come...what reasons for loving red carpet events..?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, I love gowns... for my college farewell i'm plannin to wear a hot red gown.. full length...any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw you comment very late......yes a full length gown is a good choice..though if your college is in India it might be a little over the top. However make a gown that can be altered into a knee length or short dress later because just a gown cannot be worn more than 1-2 times..it has a very high recall.
    Red is a good choice....even summer yellow and electric blue is awesome for this season

    ReplyDelete