Jan 14, 2009

To sumup...

I feel we have a few pockets in our memory which are sorted by importance, relevance to present and future. Why I say that? My childhood spanned over many years, however incidents that I feel have shaped my life or related to my interests today, I remember. While others, just remembered through my unending family albums.

I come from an Army background. I was born in the most prestigious institute of The Indian Army, The National Defense Academy. Father’s postings took me to Bhopal, Udhampur, Chandigarh, Pune, Delhi, Jodhpur. The proud Army life made me a very independent and confident individual and gave me an adjusting an adaptive nature. Within a few years I had shifted homes, cities, friends, schools more than what people manage in their entire lifetime.

Mumbai is my final destination! Thank God for that. Somehow best was saved for last. After finishing school I instantly got hooked to the glamour that the city entices millions of Indians with – Bollywood. Yes! I do have a few modeling assignments to my kitty. I did well. But like most children at my age, “I was finding myself”. My next stop was business. At 19, the first person from my endless generation of Dhanda khandaan, that too a girl, was set to start her own fashion studio. My boutique “Diva” is one of my proud achievements in life. It brought fashion, my biggest passion, in my life.

Soon enough graduation day came. By now I had learnt that a successful business needs more than just a great idea! Thus I shut my business and started looking for a job while applying for post graduation courses. Soon enough a leading fashion brand of India recruited me in Marketing. I worked there for a year before starting my Masters in Business administration, which I am completing currently.

If I were to state the essence of my life, I would say, I have been very lucky. Things in my life have fallen into place, many times out of those not even from my initiation.

“If I was having a bad day and didn’t want to step out of my home, suddenly there was too much rain and my school declared a holiday.”

2 comments:

  1. I think you give luck too much credit. Give yourself some of it. Not everything "just falls into place". Its a series of right decisions that lead to things happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fair enough, thank you....
    You came across my blog? or do I know you?

    ReplyDelete